Monolina Monochord - For the Musician on the Go!
Combines energizing overtones with the deeper tones of an octave and fifth tuning. Lightweight and versatile, this monochord is designed so anyone can pick it up and play, while also suitable for concert performances, sound baths, mediation and to accompany singing.
Or you can also use the Monolina therapeutically as a “body monochord.”
- Comes tuned in A, C, D, G or F
- 34 strings, 24 overtones,5 bass, 5 fifth
- 5 Koto bridges
- Universal template for the bridges, for minor or major tuning
- tuner, tuning key and some replacement strings
- A set of percussion chopsticks
- Size 28.3'' x 13'' x 4.3''
- Material: ash & cherry wood
- Weight: 6 lbs
- free 30 min Skype training include
- free set of extra padding mats if you buy the bag and Stand with your Monolina
Monolina C - rich overtones, character tending to major: 24 overtone strings in c', 5 bass strings in c, and 5 fifth strings in g
Monolina A - rich overtones, character tending to minor: 24 overtone stringsin a, 5 bass strings in A, and 5 fifth strings in e
Monolina G - crystal clear and universal: 24 overtone strings in g, 5 bass strings in G , and 5 fifth strings in d
Monolina F - for fullness and vibration: 24 overtone strings in f, 5 bass strings in F and 5 fifth strings in c
Monolina D - deepest Monolini with strong bass and vibration: 24 overtone strings in d, 5 bass strings D and 5 fifth strings in A
How to chose a monochord:
- If you are looking for matching tunings: F and C / D and A.
The Monolina G fits universally to all tunings.
- Read more and watch videos on How to chose your Monolina tuning
- Get Inspired: How do you learn how to play an “intuitive” instrument
- Learn more: How to destress with the monochord
- Examples on How to place the Monolina for a sound massage
- We offer a 30 min online concierge monochord service where we walk you through the different models and talk with you to find out how you are planning to use the monochord. email: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 707-972-0196
Videos & Manuals
How to replace a String:
How to insert the template:
Monolina Manual: Download
What our customers are saying...
"The Monolini is a beautifully crafted intuitive instrument that is perfect for sound healing with vocal improv groups because it creates a magical music bed over which delicious harmonies can be created. It so easily produces enchanting overtones that a person playing it can simultaneously sit in a meditative state and keep the strings sounding with little effort. People are incredibly drawn to this lovely portable monochord whenever I give workshops."
- Joule L'adara, founder of Sounding Circles LLC
"As a music therapist, I know about the incredible therapeutic value of sound and vibration. I uses the monochord to begin and end her yoga classes, massage therapy sessions, and guided meditations. Because we synchronize with our sonic environment- a principle called "entrainment"- the monochord is a powerful tool that induces a parasympathetic response, reducing heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, pulse and brainwave activity. It facilitates a shift from the busy thinking and doing states to a calm feeling and being state, thereby promoting relaxation and preparing her clients to enter and receive deep healing through yoga, bodywork and meditation."
- Katarina Zech, Board Certified Music Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Registered Yoga Teacher, and Meditation Guide.