Monolina Monochord - For the Musician on the Go!
Or you can also use the Monolina therapeutically as a “body monochord.”
- Comes tuned in A, C, D, G or F
- 34 strings, 24 overtones,5 bass, 5 fifth
- 5 Koto bridges
- Universal template for the bridges, for minor or major tuning
- tuner, tuning key and some replacement strings
- A set of percussion chopsticks
- Size 28.3'' x 13'' x 4.3''
- Material: ash & cherry wood
- Weight: 6 lbs
- free 30 min Skype training include
- free set of extra padding mats if you buy the bag and Stand with your Monolina
Monolina C - rich overtones, character tending to major: 24 overtone strings in c', 5 bass strings in c, and 5 fifth strings in g
Monolina A - rich overtones, character tending to minor: 24 overtone stringsin a, 5 bass strings in A, and 5 fifth strings in e
Monolina G - crystal clear and universal: 24 overtone strings in g, 5 bass strings in G , and 5 fifth strings in d
Monolina F - for fullness and vibration: 24 overtone strings in f, 5 bass strings in F and 5 fifth strings in c
Monolina D - deepest Monolini with strong bass and vibration: 24 overtone strings in d, 5 bass strings D and 5 fifth strings in A
How to chose a monochord:
- If you are looking for matching tunings: F and C / D and A.
The Monolina G fits universally to all tunings.
- Read more and watch videos on How to chose your Monolina tuning
- Get Inspired: How do you learn how to play an “intuitive” instrument
- Learn more: How to destress with the monochord
- Examples on How to place the Monolina for a sound massage
- We offer a 30 min online concierge monochord service where we walk you through the different models and talk with you to find out how you are planning to use the monochord. email: email@example.com or give us a call 707-972-0196
How to replace a String:
How to insert the template:
Monolina Manual: DownloadWhat our customers are saying...
"The Monolini is a beautifully crafted intuitive instrument that is perfect for sound healing with vocal improv groups because it creates a magical music bed over which delicious harmonies can be created. It so easily produces enchanting overtones that a person playing it can simultaneously sit in a meditative state and keep the strings sounding with little effort. People are incredibly drawn to this lovely portable monochord whenever I give workshops."
- Joule L'adara, founder of Sounding Circles LLC
"As a music therapist, I know about the incredible therapeutic value of sound and vibration. I uses the monochord to begin and end her yoga classes, massage therapy sessions, and guided meditations. Because we synchronize with our sonic environment- a principle called "entrainment"- the monochord is a powerful tool that induces a parasympathetic response, reducing heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, pulse and brainwave activity. It facilitates a shift from the busy thinking and doing states to a calm feeling and being state, thereby promoting relaxation and preparing her clients to enter and receive deep healing through yoga, bodywork and meditation."
- Katarina Zech, Board Certified Music Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Registered Yoga Teacher, and Meditation Guide.