Hokema - B11 Kalimba Melody with B11 Book Special
- 11 Tines precisely tuned to g-major suitable for playing countless popular tunes.
- The B11 Melody is ideal for improvisation and intuitive playing.
- Solid resonance corpus of American cherry wood
- A large number of well know songs can be played
- Ergonomically formed tines for easy playing with the thumb
- add a fitted Kalimba Softbag to protect your Kalimba while on the road.
Kalimbas are metal-tined instruments which originated in southern Africa and which can be found there in countless variations.
Our Kalimba B11 Melody is meticulously hand-crafted out of solid American black cherry wood. The surfaces is treated and polished with natural oils and waxes. The 11 tines are precisely tuned to the scale of G Major, suitable for playing countless popular tunes. The Melody is ideal for improvisation and intuitive playing.
We positioned the long and short tines alternately to ensure ease of playing in accordance with acoustic criteria. The six shorter tines are bent - with the ends raised above the longer tines - enabling easy reach by the thumbs.
The eleven tines are numbered from left to right. The even numbers 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 represent the longer tines and the odd numbers represent the shorter. Generally – for single-voice melodies – the left thumb (L) plays tines 1-6 and the right thumb (R) plays 6-11.
Included : Exploring the B11 book
This 74 page book is full of instructional tips and tablature for 64 songs and exercises arranged just for the Hokema B11 Kalimba. The material starts out very easy, appropriate for a beginner, but progresses to provide challenges for better players - in other words, anyone can start on this book and there is room to grow!
I find the note layout for the B11 to be particularly nice and inspiring of really neat music.
Sound files for the songs can be downloaded for free.