Monolina Monochord - For the Musician on the Go!
Combines energizing overtones with the deeper tones of an octave and fifth tuning. Lightweight and versatile, this monochord is designed so anyone can pick it up and play, while also suitable for concert performances, soundbaths, mediation and to accompany singing.
Or you can also use the Monolina therapeutically as a “body monochord.”
- Comes tuned in A, C, D, G or F
- 34 strings, 24 overtones,5 bass, 5 fifth
- 5 Koto bridges
- Universal template for minor or major tuning
- tuner, tuning key and some replascement strings
- A set of percussion chopsticks
- Size 28.3'' x 13'' x 4.3''
- Material: ash & cherry wood
- Weight: 6 lbs
- free 30 min Skype training include
- free set of extra padding mats if you buy the bag and Stand with your Monolina
Monolina in C: 24 overtone strings in C`, 5 bass strings in C, and 5 strings in fifth G. Rich overtones tending to major.
Monolina in A: 24 overtone strings in A, 5 bass strings in A, and 5 strings in fifth E (Tanpura tuning). Rich overtones tending to minor.
Monolina in G: 24 overtone strings in G, 5 bass strings in g, and 5 strings in fifth d (Tanpura tuning).
Monolina in F: 24 overtone strings in F, 5 bass strings in F, and 5 strings in fifth C (Tanpura tuning). Vibration in abundance.
Monolina in D: 24 overtone strings in D, 5 bass strings in D, and 5 strings in fifth A (Tanpura tuning). Strong bass with strong vibration.
- check out our How to chose your Monolina tuning
- We offer a 30 min online concierge monochord service where we walk you through the different models and talk with you to find out how you are planning to use the monochord. email: firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 707-972-0196
What our customers are saying...
"The Monolini is a beautifully crafted intuitive instrument that is perfect for sound healing with vocal improv groups because it creates a magical music bed over which delicious harmonies can be created. It so easily produces enchanting overtones that a person playing it can simultaneously sit in a meditative state and keep the strings sounding with little effort. People are incredibly drawn to this lovely portable monochord whenever I give workshops."
- Joule L'adara, founder of Sounding Circles LLC
"As a music therapist, I know about the incredible therapeutic value of sound and vibration. I uses the monochord to begin and end her yoga classes, massage therapy sessions, and guided meditations. Because we synchronize with our sonic environment- a principle called "entrainment"- the monochord is a powerful tool that induces a parasympathetic response, reducing heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, pulse and brainwave activity. It facilitates a shift from the busy thinking and doing states to a calm feeling and being state, thereby promoting relaxation and preparing her clients to enter and receive deep healing through yoga, bodywork and meditation."
- Katarina Zech, Board Certified Music Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Registered Yoga Teacher, and Meditation Guide.
What can you do with a Monolina:
How to work with our Template and inserting the 5 Bridges click on the video and it will bring you to the part of the video showing you the HOW to
Our Monolina's are great companions for performances. Here the Monolina A ( tuned to G) and Monolina D at the Soundbath event at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco with Lydia Hwang.