Secrets of the Monochord Training: Jan 25-26 in NYC
Secrets of the Monochord:
Level 1 Feeltone Instrument Training
The power of overtones & natural acoustic vibration for Sound Meditation, Sound Baths, Sound Massage, and Vocal Toning
with USA Feeltone Trainer Joule L’Adara, MFA in Music
This hands-on intimate intensive workshop will give you the opportunity to play, experience, and learn more about the Feeltone Monochords including the Monolini and Monolina Body Therapy Monochords plus the larger Concert and Meditation Monochords.
• learn Monochord playing techniques: How to create a "flying sound carpet" rich with overtones by bringing out the different overtones to accent your playing.
• be given the opportunity to open your ear to the harmonic spectrum, be shown how to differentiate between sound qualities, and understand the difference between tuning options for the Monochord strings.
• have clinical practice time: receiving the vibrations of these therapeutic instruments as a client, and giving supervised sessions as a sound practitioner.
• experience how playing a Monochord can open a new space for you: allowing you to relax, rejuvenate, and nourishing yourself and others.
• introduce gentle vocal toning into your sounding practice and learn how vocal overtones interact with the monochord overtones (no singing ability necessary!)
Located at: The Sounding Sanctuary
Upper Manhattan (Inwood Neighborhood), New York City
$550 course fee (Including a $50 instrument rental fee which can be used as a store credit to purchase a monochord during or after the course!) $500 course fee if you bring your own monochord.
*For those traveling from outside New York City: there's additional opportunity to stay in a private room in the workshop location for $60 per night (includes cleaning fee.) There are two different bedrooms available for one individual workshop participant or a couple if traveling with someone. Click below to see more photos of rooms on AirBnB. (Note: the dates of the workshop are not available to book accommodation via the AirBnB website as rooms are reserved for workshop participants only. Please email to check accommodation availability for the workshop weekend.)
Additionally, there are other AirBnBs in the neighborhood nearby. You may also choose to book a hotel in lower Manhattan - the train commute to midtown is around 30 minutes by NYC subway.